Why it’s the fastest growing supplement in beauty and health
Collagen has quickly become one of the top supplement and skincare ingredients on the market. It feels like everyone, from beauty pros to healthcare leaders, is touting it. But what’s so great about collagen, anyway? Let’s break it down.
WHAT IS COLLAGEN?
Collagen is the #1 protein type found in the human body. It’s found in our bones, muscles, skin and tendons.
WHY IS COLLAGEN IMPORTANT?
Of the many complex proteins in the body, 30-40% of them are collagen. Our bodies combine various amino acids to create collagen and other proteins. Our skin, bones, muscles, tendons, cartilage and other connective tissues are built primarily from collagen.
WHY TAKE A COLLAGEN SUPPLEMENT?
As we age, our bodies produce less collagen. Oral supplements have proven effective in helping replenish the body’s collagen levels. Having enough collagen helps increase skin’s hydration and elasticity, and aids in the production of new skin cells. It can slow the aging process, help skin look brighter, and can even plump fine lines and wrinkles. It’s been proven to make hair thicker and nails stronger. Beyond beauty, collagen improves bone density, and creates healthier connective tissue throughout the body. It works wonders for everything from wrinkles to sports injuries to high blood pressure!
INGREDIENTS MATTER: HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR COLLAGEN
As with anything, not all collagen supplements are created equal. Here’s what to look for:
- The right type of collagen. Many supplement products available on the market supply Collagen Type II, the primary form of collagen found in cartilage, but Collagen Type I is the principal type found throughout the body in most of our tissues, including skin, tendons, bones, artery walls, and intestines. Type 1 Marine Collagen is the collagen type that most closely matches the collagen the body naturally produces.
- Supporting ingredients that help the body absorb collagen. Because, if you take a collagen supplement, and your body can’t use it, what’s the point? A top vitamin pairing for collagen uptake is Vitamin C, which plays a key role in collagen synthesis, and regulation of collagen/elastin balance in the dermis.
VITASENSE™ BEAUTY + COLLAGEN
vs other collagen products on the market
- Is formulated with best-in-class, responsibly sourced hydrolyzed Marine Collagen Type I peptides.
- Contains BEAUTYPLEX™: a proprietary complex clinically studied to improve collagen synthesis, hydration, and skin tone.
- Includes skin and whole health boosting Vitamin C, Biotin, and Vitamin D.
- Contains 2.5 grams of collagen per serving.
- Has a delicious strawberry lemonade flavor.
HOW TO USE VITASENSE™ BEAUTY + COLLAGEN FOR YOUR BEST RESULTS
VitaSense™ Beauty + Collagen is simple, convenient and easy to incorporate into your day-to-day. Take one to three times daily for maximum benefits. We recommend adding it to your favorite beverages and smoothies. When in doubt, it tastes great with a simple glass of ice water!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
†† Contains trivial amount of natural sugar from melon fruit concentrate.