Look spook-tacular in a pinch
Boo! Spooky season is here, and we’re feeling all things Halloween! From fierce reds to mischievous shades to glittering golds, we’re ready to serve up some scary and fun looks for parties, pumpkin patch trips, or while Trick-or-Treating with the kids.
As much as you might love the holiday, it can be difficult to find the time to choose your costume and complete your look. Here are some quick and easy Halloween costume ideas if you’re pressed for time.
Makeup and Skincare are BFFs
- 1. Scarecrow: You’ll be the cutest scarecrow around with this look! Simply wear a flannel and overalls (or a pair of jeans), a straw hat, and boots. Put your hair in braided pigtails. Use EyeSense® Long Lasting Liquid Eye Liner in Black Brown to create “stitches” around your mouth, nose, eyes, and forehead. To finish off the look, select a BlushSense® shade of your choice to create circular “cheeks” and apply a LipSense shade of your choice.
- 2. Cruella DeVille: This one might take a little more effort, but if you’ve seen the new live-action take on this classic villain-the fierce look will be worth it! The first step is to cover your face in Translucent Loose Powder for a pale, spooky feel along with Blu-Red LipSense® – the PERFECT DeVille shade. Go heavy with the Onyx and Snow ShadowSense, winged eyeliner, and wear anything daring in black and white for a villainous look, darling!
- 3. Rosie the Riveter: We Can Do It! Throw on a little BlushSense and some Tinted Lip Balm for an all-natural look. Roll up your denim sleeves and jeans, tie your hair up with a red bandana, add sneakers for kicks, and you’re done! The perfect costume for all the women who are independent and hustling hard!
- 4. Day of the dead-Dia de los Muertos!: For this look, all you need is to cake on the Translucent Loose Powder, a red lip, and black eyeliner! Once you have applied the powder, draw the shape of a skull-eye with liner and fill with Onyx or other colorful colors. Then, outline and fill in your nose and draw stitches around your mouth with more liner. Add some color with your favorite ShadowSense or draw fun shapes with liquid liner like an upside-down heart or flower on your forehead, cheeks, and chin!
- 5. Black Swan: If you have a steady hand, try drawing a black outline with a thin EyeSense Eye Liner starting from the inner corner of your eye and line with feather strokes out to where your brows end. Fill in with Onyx ShadowSense®, then add a white eyeliner pencil to your waterline. If that seems a little too tricky, just create a DRAMATIC black eyeliner wing for a similar effect. Tie your hair in a tight bun and spray with HairCovery Holding Spray. Who doesn’t own a pair of black leggings and a black tank top? If you don’t, it’s a quick stop to any store, and voila-you are the Black Swan. For a complete costume, add a tiara and wings!
- 6. Angel, Muse, or Goddess: This stunning look can be put together in a pinch! All you’ll need is a white dress, MakeSense Pearlizer, Golden Shimmer EyeSense Long Lasting Eye Liner Pencil, Glacier Glitter, or Wind Shimmer ShadowSense top with your favorite gloss to transform into a glowing angel, muse or goddess. Make or buy a halo or crown to finish the look!
- 7. Comic book character: For the ambitious, artistically talented ladies out there-this ones for you! There is no one right way to do it, but there are three beauty essentials you’ll need to transform into a comic book character. Blue ShadowSense, black liquid eyeliner, white eyeliner, and red LipSense topped with a red gloss. There are plenty of tutorials for anyone who wants to try this unique look but check out this tutorial and have some fun!
- 8. Mermaid: If you don’t make it to the costume store, you can still create a fun mermaid look! Throw on a colorful top, green pants, wash and braid your hair the night before, and check out these tips for some salty beach waves. Try fun, oceanic colors like Mermaid Shimmer, Fairy Dust, Fiery Coral, and Turquoise ShadowSense.
Get ready for Halloween by stocking up on the makeup essentials you’ll need for easy, last-minute costumes! Share your spooky-cute looks on #mysenelook